Re: Using dpkg-statoverride

Rodrigo Tavares wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I unpacked the package, the files permissions are
> with a user than created the package.
>
> Using dpkg-statoverride, I can to change all files for
> another user ?

If the package is not one of your own, please immediately file a
critical bug against it (or if it is an unofficial package, at least
inform the distributor), and in that case the rest of this email doesn't
apply.

If the package in question is one that you created yourself, you should
know that "fakeroot" is intended to prevent exactly this problem -- all
of your package building should be done using fakeroot.

For instance, as example command lines,

fakeroot debian/rules binary
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

[etc.]

fakeroot is available in the package called (what else?) fakeroot.  For
further information, you should (re-)read the New Maintainer's Guide [0]
and the fakeroot man page -- note that use of fakeroot is mentioned in
chapters 1 and 6 of the former document.  Also, debian-mentors is a
better place for this sort of question.

[0] http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/

best regards,