Re: Using dpkg-statoverride

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 16:03, Rodrigo Tavares wrote:
> When I unpacked the package, the files permissions are
> with a user than created the package.
>
> Using dpkg-statoverride, I can to change all files for
> another user ?

What package? All files in a package should be owned by root or possibly one
of the statically allocated user ids. Files owned by uid >= 1000 is a serious
bug, if that's what you're talking about. The system administrator can use
dpkg-statoverride to prevent dpkg from resetting the ownership and/or
permissions of files included in the package each time the package is
upgraded.

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-files.html#s10.9

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se