Re: merging BTS manual and d.o/Bugs documentation?

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 02:26:30AM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Nico!

> Mario Iseli [0]reported that he started to translate the BTS
> manual into german (good idea btw!)

Thank you...

> What makes me wonder is that there is also [1]another
> manual which has more or less the same content and is
> already translated.

I really like those "manuals" on www.debian.org/doc/manuals/, they are
printerfriendly, nice layout and look really professional, maybe like a
book. I do mostly make a difference - an explanation of some functions
and a reference.

> I see no real benefit to have both documents, what do you
> think about merging them or just use one?

I'd say remove the very detailed explanations like the bts tags from the
/Bugs page and instead make a link to the reference manual. This is just
my own oppinion, maybe I'm wrong...

Regards,

--
  .''`.     Mario Iseli <admin@marioiseli.com>
 : :'  :    proud user of Debian unstable