Re: merging BTS manual and d.o/Bugs documentation?

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Mario Iseli wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 02:26:30AM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> > I see no real benefit to have both documents, what do you think
> > about merging them or just use one?
>
> I'd say remove the very detailed explanations like the bts tags from
> the /Bugs page and instead make a link to the reference manual. This
> is just my own oppinion, maybe I'm wrong...

Decreasing the quality of the documentation on /Bugs is not really
something that I'm interested in supporting; far better to incorporate
the tag explanations from /Bugs into the reference manual
automatically than to remove them from the place that most people look
at them (and the place which is already translated.)

There's nothing wrong with having a reference manual that people can
use to print out if they want in a separate location; the problem is
unecessary duplication of the content. [You'll notice that the
reference manual is behind the Bugs/ webpages as far as describing the
features of the BTS.]

Don Armstrong

We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
 -- Jeremy S. Anderson