Bug#418184: ITP: geotiff -- the GeoTIFF library
Owner: Debian GIS Project <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : geotiff
Version : 1.2.3
Upstream Author : Frank Warmerdam et al. <email@example.com>
* URL : http://geotiff.maptools.org/
* License : MIT/X like
Programming Lang: C
Description : the GeoTIFF library
This C library supports TIFF 6.0 based interchange format for georeferenced
raster imagery. The GeoTIFF standard has been developed for reading,
and writing geographic meta-information tags on top of TIFF raster.
All the source code in this toolkit are either in the public domain, or under
an X style license. In any event it is all considered to be free to use
for any purpose (including commercial software). No credit is required
though some of the code requires that the specific source code modules
retain their existing copyright statements. The CSV files, and other tables
derived from the EPSG coordinate system database are also free to use. In
particular, no part of this code is "copyleft", nor does it imply any
requirement for users to disclose this or their own source code.
All components not carrying their own copyright message, but distributed
with libgeotiff should be considered to be under the same license as
Code by Frank Warmerdam has this copyright notice (directly copied from
X Consortium licence):
* Copyright (c) 1999, Frank Warmerdam
* Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
* copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"),
* to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
* the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
* and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
* Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
* The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included
* in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS
* OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
* FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL
* THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
* LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
* FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
* DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Code by Niles Ritter is under this licence:
* Written By: Niles D. Ritter.
* copyright (c) 1995 Niles D. Ritter
* Permission granted to use this software, so long as this copyright
* notice accompanies any products derived therefrom.
The EPSG Tables (from which the CSV files, and .inc files are derived)
carried this statement on use of the data (from the EPSG web
site at url http://www.epsg.org/):
Use of the Data
1. All data pertinent to a specific coordinate reference system must
be copied without modification and all related pages/records must be
2. All components of this data set pertinent to any given coordinate
reference system must be distributed together (complete distribution
of all components of the data set is preferred, but the OGP
recognises the need for a more limited distribution);
3. The data may not be distributed for profit by any third party; and
4. The original source [OGP] must be acknowledged.
The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this
data. The data may be copied and distributed subject to the following
INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT
WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT
LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
With regard to (3) above, the data may be included within proprietary
applications distributed on a commercial basis when the commerciality is
based on application functionality and not on a value ascribed to the
freely-distributed EPSG dataset.
These conditions are currently under review.