Re: Need help with MySQL upgrade tests on 2.4 kernel

On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 04:06:32PM +0200, Christian Hammers wrote:
> Two users reported that a sarge->etch upgrade with a running 2.4 kernel
> does not work because /usr/sbin/mysqld from the mysql-server-5.0 package
> hangs and postinst never finishes.
>
> I've just tried to reproduce it myself but kernel 2.4 dislikes my SATA
> controller and I cannot get it to boot.
>
> Could anybody try at the current mysql-server-5.0 package from etch with
> kernel 2.4 and send me some debugging info like strace/lstrace if it hangs?

I booted an old 2.4.22 kernel and installed the mysql-server-5.0
package.  I seem to be able to create databases and query them.

I don't have the current sarge 2.4 kernel installed, so I can't check
with that one (I suppose I can download an install that though).

I do however have libmysqlclient15off 5.0.36 patched with the cpuid
fix, but the mysql-server-5.0 is the current etch version.

--
Len Sorensen