Re: video codecs in HTML 5

Le vendredi 23 mars 2007 16:10, Maik Merten a écrit :
> If somehow possible the WHATWG should adopt a free format and I think
> it's in the best interest of Debian to bringing this to the WHATWG's
> attention.

I don't agree, you'll always have the threat of an abusing patent that claims
that some algorithm you designed were "owned" by it.. Have you ever looked at
the JPEG processing for example ? It is simply a fourier transform followed
by an huffman compression... All well known, but still "owned" by an abusing
patent..

Patents have to be beaten at their roots, or you won't run away from them..

Romain
--
Everyday is just a holiday,
I don't care what the crowd may say.