Call for testers: reportbug-ng

Hi Devs,

two weeks ago I started to write reportbug-ng an (hopefully) easy to use
alternative to Debian's classic reportbug.

  http://reportbug-ng.alioth.debian.org/

>From the feedback I received so far it looks like people actually like
it and encouraged me to move on. So before real users get used to that
tool too much, I'd like to stress test it a bit.

If you can spare some time please play around with this tool and report
bugs, send suggestions or write patches if you like.

It's written in python and pyqt3 -- if you have some python and/or qt
skills, you're very welcome to look through the code (it isn't really
that much) and send suggestions/corrections/fixes.

Problems I'm currently aware of:
 * Getting the version of installed packages a package depends on is
   slow
 * Searching for a bugs of a package does not yet check the
   source-package's bugs as well
 * Grepping information from HTML-code is unreliable and ugly. The BTS
   should support answers in machine readable format

besides that I consider the package itself feature complete (for now)
and stable enough to be usable (I know you'll prove me wrong).

Oh, and since some people already asked, the package is not intended to
emulate reportbug 1:1. In fact, it was written from scratch (although I
obviously borrowed some ideas from reportbug). Target audience are users
and devs (in that order).

The package is available in unstable (reportbug-ng).

Thanks in advance and cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org