Re: Changelog not signed by "human"

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 02:02:35PM -0700, Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 09:27:04AM -0700, Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> > > uploads are signed and that I am just being paranoid!

> > Since the buildd host generates the changelog entry, it's only natural
> > that it's also the buildd host which is listed in the changelog entry.

> Thanks for the explanation.

> There was one other question in my mail. (Sorry! I know I should have split
> it up.)

> > On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 09:27:04AM -0700, Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> > > which contained the following changelog entry:
> > >
> > > 	screen (4.0.3-0.3+b1) unstable; urgency=low
> > >
> > > 	  * Binary-only non-maintainer upload for i386; no source changes.
> > > 	  * Rebuild to fix a bug of indeterminate origin that causes screen to switch
> > >
> > > 	     -- Debian/i386 Build Daemon <buildd_i386-saens>  Tue,  6 Mar 2007 17:06:12 -0600
> > >
> > > I saw two somewhat suspicious aspects to this.
> > > 	(a) The second sentence in the changelog appears to be
> > > 	incomplete.

> I could make no sense out of the second line of the changelog
> entry. "[The] bug [...] causes screen to switch" seems to be an
> incomplete sentence. I would have liked to ask the relevant developer
> for clarification but I didn't know where to look; which is why I
> posted my other question.

The result of a misapprehension on my part; I assumed that wanna-build
needed explicit newlines in long binNMU descriptions, and wanna-build
assumed I trusted it enough to let it reflow the text on its own.

The full intended changelog entry was:

 * Rebuild to fix a bug of indeterminate origin that causes screen to switch
   from pipes to sockets; addresses bug #413674.