Re: co-mentor for a GSoC proposal wanted: debbugs web submission

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 03:06:33PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I (continue to) object to the notion of web-based submission of bugs to
> Debian.  Do you really think that someone who can't maneuver reportbug is
> capable of submitting a useful bug report?

Frankly no (even though the l10n example of Christian will probably make
me change my mind).

But still, I found the requirement of using SMTP for dealing with bugs
an artificial constraint which hinder the usefulness of debbugs. Same
goes for the 15 minutes delay in the result of bug mangling. Right now I
fail to see a "quick" way to fix the latter, but I do see a similar
quick way to fix the former: a web frontend.

Cheers.