Re: May one use ~rc1 within versions although older lintians are complaining?

Roman Müllenschläder dijo [Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 12:16:31AM +0100]:
> > If you're developing packages for Debian, not Ubuntu, I would
> > suggest at a minimum that you do your builds in a Sid chroot
> > (pbuilder and/or UML work well for this too, depending on how
> > powerful your system is). I do packaging solely for Debian and yet I
> > *still* use a chroot to build, and usually a virtual server when
> > testing out the results.
>
> Second time in this thread I have to tell that I'm not baking my packages in
> an oven and pray they will run on debian ...
>
> This was not my question! I had a straight question and did already get the
> answer.
>
> Thx anyway ...
>
> Xcuse for beeing that rude, but it's the 5th mail I send to debian lists and
> always got arrogant answers. Is this a way for DD's to show they are
> different, better or what?
>
> For nearly 5 years I work with opensource and love debian! But my efforts
> since the last 3 month of making debian packages showed up a complete
> different side ... sadly!
> Giving me an impression of elitist.
>
> How comes?

Umh... sorry for making your life even more miserable with a sixth and
seventh answer in the same path ;-)

We Debianers tend to have low social skills, and for one, I apologize
if I'm making you feel unwelcome. Much to the contrary - But we _will_
continue making this point: We care more about the quality of the end
product than about being nice people. It is fundamental for Debian
that the packages are buildable in the target systems, that they are
well tested by the maintainers, and that the maintainers are familiar
with the tasks their packages need to do. If you state you are not
running Debian in your build system, well... I would not be surprised
at having some reactions ;-)

> Btw. pls stop cc'ing me! I'm subscribed and hate deleting neddless mails!

Please set up the headers accordingly in your mail client :)

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23