Re: May one use ~rc1 within versions although older lintians are complaining?

Roman Müllenschläder <info@prodeia.de> writes:

> Am Dienstag, 13. März 2007 schrieb The Fungi:
> > On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 08:23:16PM +0100, Roman Müllenschläder wrote:
> > > Because my laptop, where I'm building the packages on, is running
> > > Edgy ;)
> >
> > If you're developing packages for Debian, not Ubuntu, I would
> > suggest at a minimum that you do your builds in a Sid chroot
> > (pbuilder and/or UML work well for this too, depending on how
> > powerful your system is). [...]
>
> Second time in this thread I have to tell that I'm not baking my
> packages in an oven and pray they will run on debian ...

I'm not sure why you mention it here. The post you're replying to
contains a suggestion to build in a chroot; it says nothing to suggest
you're doing things improperly.

> Xcuse for beeing that rude, but it's the 5th mail I send to debian
> lists and always got arrogant answers. Is this a way for DD's to
> show they are different, better or what?

You may be reading unpleasant things where they are not in the message.

> Btw. pls stop cc'ing me! I'm subscribed and hate deleting neddless
> mails!

I concur. This practice (copies of messages to people who didn't ask
for them) is against the explicit code of conduct for the Debian
mailing lists <URL:http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct>.

--
 \       "If you do not trust the source do not use this program."  -- |
  `\                                 Microsoft Vista security dialogue |