Re: new BTS stanza

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007, Kevin Mark wrote:
> I have seen the PTS and I see info like: info about the stable,
> testing, unstable package, depenencies, link to file list,link to
> bts, link to dsc, and links to p.qa.d.o None of those links are to a
> mailing list to contain discussions of package development like
> pkg-* or debian-* where an interested users could join and help fix
> bugs.

AFAIK, there's no centralized place where all of that information is
available. Before adding it to the BTS (or PTS) can even be
considered, it needs to be made available, and the methods for
maintainers to modify it made clear.

I'm not averse to linking to a page that provides that information for
each package from either the homepage of the bts or a package report
page, but cluttering the package report pages with unecessary verbiage
gets in the way of people who use the BTS regularly.

Don Armstrong

--
                    EQUAL RIGHTS FOR WOMEN
Don't be teased or humiliated. See their look of surprise when you