Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> writes:

> I see no harm in addressing the issue in multiple ways. I have no
> problem with a FLOSS project 'asking' for help in an ad. I dont like ads
> for most other things. People take multiple paths to find stuff. Instead
> of assuming that 'if I found it, then everyone can!', I'd simply like to
> increase the avenues for people to find the help requests. More
> pageviews of help requests, the more possible help. I'd simply like for
> it to be given a trial rather than 'I know it will not work, therefore
> it must not be tried'.

Ads for non-commercial stuff are a little better than commercial ads.

There is nothing wrong with publicizing a help request through several
different channels.  One can send an RFH, write a wiki page, post it
on Alioth or on some mailing list.  What I wouldn't like too much is a
banner on www.d.o

A clearly labelled link to the relevant information should be
sufficient.  I think it is better to make information easily
accessible for someone who is interested in it than to push it out to
everyone.

Matthias