Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 03:28:45PM +0100, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
> So maybe asking for help on debian-kde, where there's people around who
> might be convinced to pitch in a little time and effort once or twice would
> be more productive. I'm thinking something along the lines of:

  yadayadayada

  just consider mailing debian-kde _HAS F****G BEEN DONE ALREADY_ and
I'm tired giving the link again and again, ON THE KDE USER LIST where
it's the most probable place to find users caring about KDE rignt ? I
recall for the other here that debian-kde is a user list, the maintainer
one is debian-qt-kde. The damn mail is here:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2006/01/msg00215.html

  it gave 0 DAMN USER WNATED TO HELP.

  IS IT CLEAR ENOUGH OR SHOULD I USE SOM ASCII-CAPS-LOCK-TOILET-POWERED
MAIL ?

> > So Yes I wonder if it's not that it's just easier to pretend it's our
> > fault
>
> Nobody is saying anybody is at fault, which doesn't mean there's no room for
> improvement.

  This was answering to:

] ] > >   Again, I do not appreciate the latent criticism of the big teams
] ] > > hide their understaff problem. It's blatantly bogus hence iritating,
] ] > > almost insulting.
] ] >
] ] > Don't you wonder why it is perceived like that?

  Which do seem like a quite not very hidden accusation, so yes, somebody
is playing finger-pointing games here, and I'm tired of it.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit