Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 09:06:42AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> So to generalise, it seems that there is the choice between seeing
> repetitive work done imperfectly by beginners, or never done by
> experienced people who are busy doing something else. Definitely the way
> the contributors are supervised can raise the quality strongly.
>
> In the end, there has been a lot of talk to judge wether some teams
> accept or refuse help, but in my opinion, a more relevant question is
> why the help is not coming to those who ask for it. Obvously, one answer
> can be that help is not asked the most efficient way. For instance, irc
> is an very unfriendly communication channel, and even mailing-lists are
> somewhat unpopular among a broad category of internauts, who prefer
> forums.

  eeerm I'm not sure to follow you, how to you help in bug triaging
(which is the thing that needs the most manpower and was discussed here)
through a forum ? I'm a bit confused, it seems like you're telling some
generalities, and not really proposing solutions.

  And if your point is that the current BTS UI sucks, then well, yes I
believe it, and it seems one of our DPL candidates thinks the same :)

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit