Re: On management

On Monday 05 March 2007, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> (exept maybe translators, but they don't do it for the project, they do it
> for them selfs - which is a GOOD thing!

The mere fact that you're able to translate kinda excludes you needing the
translation in the first place (e.g. I translate cause I want to make
Debian accessible to those whose english isn't good enough, and because I
saw a niche to be filled there. On a purely personal level I prefer to run
my software in English).

There's also people like Clytie (vietnamese translator, very active) who
don't even use Debian themselves.

So saying translators do it purely, or even mainly, for themselves is doing
debian translators in general a disservice IMHO
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)