Re: On management

First, please keep your bullshit about dunc-tank outside this otherwise
interesting discussion.

Le jeudi 01 mars 2007 à 16:18 -0500, Theodore Tso a écrit :
> The harder problem, though is that finding a really good project
> manager.  In my day job, I can tell you have as a technical architect,
> having a great project manager is like pure gold.  My project manager
> defers to me on technical issues, but helps to coordinate all of the
> other technical teams so that we can make all of the schedules line up
> and release a coherent solution to the customer.  Not to denigrate the
> efforts of the current release management team, but if we were to
> augment (NOT replace!) them with a good project manager, we could make
> them be far more effective.

That, I fully agree with. I also had the chance to see a good project
manager in action, and that makes a huge difference.

I'm not convinced at all that *funding* a manager would do any good to
the project. Which is why I'm wondering if there are ways to attract a
few people with such profiles in the project. We have attracted many
developers, sysadmins, translators, and everything we need to run the
project; there must be a way to do the same for other profiles.

--
 .''`.