Re: Maintainers

See the email I sent after wards. It has the same subject (and sorry, it is quite long).

In short I suppose the material answer to your question would be:
A set of books and for quick sale of the proposal possibly having a few people run localized linux terminal servers that allow colleges to have dumb terminals and no need to reinstall network with Linux or install servers if they just want to try one term.

In England courses often funded by being run to comply with certain criteria i.e. SHOWS THE USER HOW TO OPERATE A MOUSE and so on (but less specific).

If the book and software covers the criteria I suspect it would be possible to have it approved so that the government give whatever approval they can to the book. This is speculation of course as I am not sure if the present books are 'approved'?

After reading the other email does this make sense?
If the books are GPL then people will be able to study for the qualification by downloading a PDF. As the course is in UNITS it is not really necessary for someone to write an entire book. Individuals can conform to a standard based on the aforementioned criteria and government accessibility requirements...