Re: What is available at early userspace?

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 12:24:07AM +0300, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:

> The issue I'm talking about (lots of error messages while udev init.d
> script is running) happens in the current sequential boot procedure.

If you're using a 2.6 kernel and udev then the boot procedure is _NOT_
sequential any more. There are some hacks in place to look more or less
like it was still sequential, but it fundamentally isn't. Even the
udevsettle call in /etc/init.d/udev is just "best effort".

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences