Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Andreas Tille wrote:
> A maintainer who refuses to respond to a reasonable bug report of a
> user does not deserve any user.

It's not a case of maintainers refusing to respond, it's a case of
some maintainers of some packagages drowning in bugs and not being
able to respond to all of them. [I don't believe any maintainer of
packages, given enough hours in the day, would fail to respond to
reasonable bug reports.]

I'm open to suggestions of real solutions to this problem, (indeed, I
continue to suggest that interested people jump in and help out) but
technical hurdles for maintainers to overcome and waste their limited
time in trivialities are pointless, and not something I'm willing to
support.

Don Armstrong

--
Sentenced to two years hard labor (for sodomy), Oscar Wilde stood
handcuffed in driving rain waiting for transport to prison.  "If this