Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, many people discussed about answering bug reports:

I'm soory, but I tried to safe my time and went over most of the
mails in this thread but one point I was missing (only one mail of
Cobaco was touching the idea a little bit): Not answering a bug
report is IMHO at least as impolite as refusing to answer a hello
of a friend you meet anywhere and just continue to walk your way
by ignoring him.  If we are really obliged to our users we have
the obligation to leave them at least a short notice (even if it
is only a short sentence which will took 30 seconds) where a
rough estimate of a time frame or reasons why we can not fix the
bug in a short time will be given.  A maintainer who refuses to
respond to a reasonable bug report of a user does not deserve
any user.

Kind regards

            Andreas.

--