Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:20:31AM +0100, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 10:35:48PM -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > OK.  But is there not a fairly sizeable team working on KDE packaging
> > for Debian?
>
> No. FYI, the KDE team is currently about 6 *active* members, 3 working
> a lot and 3-4 working when they have some free time. Last kde 3.5.6 has been
> packaged for only 3 members of the team (one of them is not even in NM).

  And that's in fact a _lot_. We were quite less not so long ago.

  Now let's think a bit:
  - iceweasel is Eric and Mike (2 people): 528 bugs.
  - XSF packages is (mostly I think) Julien and David (2 people): I'd
    say more than 900 bugs (500 on xorg solely).
  - OOo.org is René (_1_ active people): 459 bugs.
  - Glibc is mostly done by aurel32, and I try to help (1.5 people):
    ~300 bugs.

  And I think the list can grow larger just by looking at the reality,
and not dreaming stupid ideas and trying to defend them. KDE team has
more people, but ... there is also a _lot_ of gigantic packages to deal
with: two versions of Qt (yay libs in c++), main modules, ...

  Just _look_ at that: [0]. I mean _look_, not pretend to. Instead of
answering to that thread, arrogantly explaining to us how bad we suck,
because we don't have the 30 hours a week that would be needed (per team
member) to deal with KDE packages.

  And just consider you can s/KDE/{anything that is large in the project}/

  [0] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit