Re: recent etch upgrade... sashroot (uid=0) started to impersonate uid=0 (root)

> Well, I guess, the only resolution for such case is to ask sash
> maintainer to include proper announcement for debconf and to include a

No, please.

Do not use debconf to diplay notices to users, especially about a
given package's behaviour. This is not debconf purpose.

Such note, if it is relevant to appear, should go in README.Debian.

PS: I have absolutely no idea about the other topics involved in that
discussion.