Re: recent etch upgrade... sashroot (uid=0) started to impersonate uid=0 (root)

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> > No, it's a configuration error on your part.  How is NSS supposed to know
> > which is the "right" name for uid 0 when you've overloaded the uid with more
> > than one username?  If you don't ensure a unique mapping, NSS is free to
> > pick whichever mapping suits it at the time.
> I thought that in order of occurrence...
> ok - then it is sash bug since its postinst script is the one which
> created those entries. Thanks ;-)

Actually it seems to be not mine, and not sash fault -- it seems to be a
common practice mentioned in multiple howto's around the web such like

Also it used to work and now failed, so I suspect that there was some
behavioral change in libc6 nss behavior... Please prove me that I am

                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]