Re: Handling of (inactive) Debian Accounts

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 10:59:53PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Feb 2007, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > On dim, 2007-02-11 at 15:35 -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > > an active DD should
> > >  not be afraid of passing something we ask of every new developer?
> >
> > On dim, 2007-02-11 at 22:49 +0100, Mike Hommey wrote:
> > A probable reason is that the NM process is getting tougher and/or that
> > > some developpers didn't even pass an NM process...
> >
> > More than difficulty, I think *time* is the problem.
>
> Agreed, but anyone who cannot take the time to vote once an year really
> should be asking for his account to be locked for a while (i.e. a vacation)
> until he has more time to dedicate to Debian, don't you think?

No.

"Voting" or "not voting" has nothing to do with time. There is no
obligation to vote in Debian, and there shouldn't be any; voting is not
what Debian is (or should be) about. We have governments for that.

While I think it's a good idea to consider whether people voted or did
not vote for the DPL election a data point for MIA-ness, I feel that the
lack of producing a vote should not be taken as inactivity.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22