Re: Handling of (inactive) Debian Accounts

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:12:54 -0700, Wesley J Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> said:

> On Sunday 11 February 2007 03:57, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>> - miss the WaT mail. Even if you are on vacation for a long time, I
>> guess it wont be 3 weeks (vote) plus one or two months (WaT mail
>> timeout), and dont you read your backlog when you come back?

> What about if the WaT mail is rejected (e.g. as spam) for some
> reason?

        Actions have consequences. If you missed the vote, _and_ your
 Spam filter rejects  mail, you have to suffer the minor inconvenience
 of having your upload privileges suspended, noticing it, and asking
 for the situation to be reverted.

> Perhaps unlikely, but just in case it would be nice if the WaT
> status was available somewhere online (e.g. perhaps under
> db.debian.org).

        Well, if some one puts in the effort to code that ... and
 maintain the status. I am pretty sure that the disabled keyring would
 be made available, and writing up a simple update a web page orupdate
 ldap script is simple enough, given a keyring.

        Heck, this would be just the right RoR learning project.  We
 just need people with an itch to scratch, and willing to put in the

Vermouth always makes me brilliant unless it makes me
idiotic. E.F. Benson