Re: Bits from the Debian GNU/kFreeBSD porters

On 2/6/07, Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> wrote:
Gustavo Franco a écrit :
> On 2/5/07, GNU/kFreeBSD Maintainers <debian-bsd@lists.debian.org> wrote:
>> Hello, Debian world!
>>
>> This is a status update for the Debian GNU/FreeBSD port[1]. This port
>> consists of two architectures: kfreebsd-i386 and kfreebsd-amd64.
>> (...)
>
> Do you know if there is a way to build Debian GNU/kFreeBSD Live cd
> images using live-package's svn tree ?

We already have a Live CD called Ging, which is a bit outdated though.
But the sources are available, so it is possible to update it.

See: http://glibc-bsd.alioth.debian.org/ging/

Hi Aurelien,

I knew ging, my point to the live-package usage was its recent added
based on tasks feature. In other words, that's possible build live cds
based on the same set of packages as installed by d-i using tasksel
desktop/laptop tasks as the Debian Live initiative already did. :-)

I'll take a look at ging build scripts (is it available right?) and
see if the same task idea applies.

> I hope to see kfreebsd-i386 and kfreebsd-amd64 as real candidates to
> be released in parallel with Lenny though. Btw, don't you have a
> DD-accessuible kfreebsd-amd64 machine? Are you needing this?

We are looking a kfreebsd-amd64 machine (and a place to host it) to run
as a developer machine and as a secondary build daemon. The
kfreebsd-i386 machine will be updated soon, using one of the machines
donated by Lufthansa.

If anyone is interested in donate the amd64 machine, i will be glad to
host it in a brazilian datacenter on the space used by the NGO i'm
working for. That's better if the company donating the hardware
deliver it here or we will need to pay absurd taxes.

regards,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com