debian rocks!

Just count one more happy debian user! Reinstalled yesterday, to switch from x86 sarge to amd64 etch. Everything went flawlessly. Downloaded last netinst, booted it, hardware detected smoothly. The machine has two sound cards, both worked as before. I chose manual disk editing, reformatted both / and /usr/bin, left /backup and /home untouched. The new system was installed in like 15 min or less. Rebooted into new system, skipped tasksel completely, apt-get installed kde, x-window-system, xorg, and their fellows. No surprises. New kde found all my configs, got a desktop just identical to the previous. The only catch ins't debian related: vmware seems to not like my /usr/src/include/linux, and asks for a new linux/version.h. But i can live with that. So, for now I can only thank the project for such a solid system. In the future, when I will be wealthier, I hope to donate regularly.

bruno
debian user and admirer