Re: update on binary upload restrictions

* Joey Hess

| >  (b) source only uploads are in my experience very often badly tested
| >      if they're even tested at all.  For a long time after Ubuntu
| >      switched to source only uploads, it was really obvious that a
| >      large number of them hadn't even been test built, never mind
| >      installed or used.[3][4]
|
| Hmm, are you implying that it eventually got better?

It seems to have gotten better now, yes.  However, people are often
quite happy to just throw source at the buildds until it builds, at
least unless they're told not to.  This is less of a problem for
Ubuntu than Debian because Ubuntu's slowest arch is quite fast, while
doing the same to the Debian ARM port would make the buildd (and the
buildd operator) very unhappy.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-