Re: RFC: Proposal for official screenshot repo

Maybe in the /debian package, there could be a package.png that is the screenshot and make them available in the mirrors (pool). maybe creating a file such as Packages.gz or an extension to it, informing that it has the screenshot available.

then the user could access the pool ... or ... use some kind of client that uses the apt-get database to search for screenshots.

For example, a simple gtk window with a combo box with the packages' names who has screenshots, and the user could:
1 - select the package
 1.1 - application downloads it
2 - view in the application window
3 - full screen ( maybe using eog?)

i think it is simple.

Although ... the package will see it's source size increased and... 1 MB for 10% of debian's packages is +/- 2 Gb more of disk space in the mirrors.

The screenshots can also use a similar process but use a package of their own.

With the same process described, a package_0.3-1.dscr will have a bunch of screenshots of package.

This package can be downloaded and untared for view, in the user's application.

What do you think?

Got lost??