Re: db.debian.org (and related infrastructure) updates

> 1) I don't see any relevance in having a gender field. The only exception I
> might find is for genderifying the texts in web pages and mails, or maybe for
> statistics.

I see some relevance, speaking for myself. I *do* behave differently
with men and women. This is a social issue I fully accept and
therefore having this information if the person in question agreed to
give it is useful for me, in terms of social behaviour.

When it comes at "gender", "sex" or whatever else, this is probably up
to each perspon to give this the definition (s)he wants in order to
fill in that filed (or decide not to fill it).

So, actually, I filled that field for myself...:)