Re: Status of IPW3945 (Was: IPW3945)

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:42:17 +0100 Loïc Minier wrote:

>  - public packages for the driver may be found on personal web sites
> of various people, I've found Joachim Reichel, Russel Stuart, and
> Stefan Lippers-Hollmann to be providing such packages; I could update
> the more recent version based on a packaging mostly by Kel Modderman
> to the latest upstream version for my local needs, and it works like a
>    charm, especially with the patches Kel has been adding recently;
>    Daniel Baumann ITPed this driver, and Kel requested comments on his
>    packages on the debian-mentors@ list
>  - daemon is also available publicly from Joachim Reichel's site;
> Jurij Smakov ITPed the daemon, and started separate packaging efforts
> which he offered for comments as well recently; I've tested the
> packages of Jurij, and they work nicely (except for a point I believe
> is being addressed)

These two are also packaged in Kanotix [1][2] (ucode is too, but it's
just one file...). In my eyes the packages are done well and are working
flavously on my Thinkpad. Could someone compare them to the packages
listed above?

regards
Evgeni Golov

[1] http://kanotix.com/files/debian/pool/contrib/i/ipw3945/