Re: db.debian.org (and related infrastructure) updates

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 02:49:20PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > 	* Mail sender verification callouts
> It's sad to see Debian promoting and supporting use of antisocial
> software.

There's nothing more anti-social in sender verification than in any other
similar check - if someone sends mail from an address that cannot be
delivered to, I don't want to accept it, because I can't deliver a reply to
them. If they want to talk to me, but won't accept replies from me, who
exactly is antisocial there?

There are valid technical arguments against sender callout verification,
but what you said is just nonsensical.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.