Re: db.debian.org (and related infrastructure) updates

Josip Rodin wrote:
There's nothing more anti-social in sender verification than in any other
similar check - if someone sends mail from an address that cannot be
delivered to, I don't want to accept it, because I can't deliver a reply to
them. If they want to talk to me, but won't accept replies from me, who
exactly is antisocial there?

I've seen a lot of announcement/verification emails (such as Amazon orders) which go out from an address that does not exist - presumably such emails would be blocked by sender verification? You could argue perhaps that the people sending out these emails shouldn't be doing this, or that developers shouldn't be using @debian.org addresses for that purpose, but it's not quite as clear cut as not being able to reply means that you don't want to receive an email.

Paul