Re: restricted sourceless ARM uploads

Wookey a écrit :
> On 2006-12-20 17:39 +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> For those who don't know, I have setup 8 emulated ARM build daemons and
>> started to upload packages. To know why and for more information, see
>> [1].
>
> Very impressive piece of work aurelien! We ought to discuss if there
> is any significant reason not to use qemu 'machines' instead of actual
> hardware for slower arches.

BTW, I don't think ARM needs emulated build machines. It's just that
it's the fastest ARM machine I found. My two NSLU2 won't have been enough.

Also it seems the current ARM build machines altogether are fast enough
to build all the packages (except for building big packages like the
kernel). But a faster machine would mean that the Vancouver requirements
are satisfied, and also less machines to handle, so less work for the
ARM build daemon maintainer.

What I wanted to demonstrate, is that the percentage of package built by
an architecture does depends on the speed of the build machines, but
also on how they are administrated.