restricted sourceless ARM uploads

Hi,

For those who don't know, I have setup 8 emulated ARM build daemons and
started to upload packages. To know why and for more information, see
[1].

These afternoon I saw on #debian-release:

 15:52:11  aj | "# unilateral action to run an emulated buildd -- all arm changes sidelined until fixed."
 16:18:59  aj | and now aurel32 will presumably fly off the handle
 16:22:37 aba | aj: I don't think that is a good idea either if the porters do uploads - i.e. blacklisting is probably better than whitelisting
 16:23:14 aba | aj: and please let e.g. people upload to non-free and experimental, e.g. tbm or kmuto
 16:28:16  aj | aba: not at this time
 16:28:28 aba | aj: at which time then?

First I am not very happy to learn that from IRC, I would have prefer to
get a mail. However I am very happy to see a reaction on the ARM build
daemons side, and this time really fast.

Usually, you have to wait that a user detect a problem and warns the
build daemon maintainer [2] [3]. And then wait again.

Note that I would have been happy to not start those build daemons, but
given the way the arm build daemons are administrated, something had to
be done.

Anyway, I have been able to fix a few packages that were not built
successfully. For the others, I have extracted from wanna-build a list
of package that build successfully, but have failed to build for
various reasons. I would like an explanation from the arm build daemon
maintainer why they are still on this state:

* Packages that now build fine:
   blam_1.8.3-2 (for 40 days)
   evolution-sharp_0.11.1-3 (for 9 days)
   gcc-h8300-hms_4.1.1-3 (for 7 days)
   hdbc-odbc_1.0.1.1 (for 40 days)
   hdbc-missingh_1.0.1.1 (for 40 days)
   njb-sharp_0.3.0-1 (for 9 days)
   muine_0.8.5-1.1 (for 9 days)

* Packages lost from elara (not uploaded for more than 5 days). Note
  that it is obvious using [4] to see there is a problem:
   complearn-gui_0.9.7-1
   grhino_0.15.2-1
   iwatch_0.0.12-3
   libdiscid_0.1.0-1
   libvorbisidec_1.0.2+svn12153-1
   lush_1.2.1-3
   nec2c_0.6-1
   nmap_4.20-1
   units-filter_2.6-1
   xmms2_0.2DrHouse-3

* Packages that failed to build because the build daemon netwinder is
  fucked for weeks wrt to /usr/lib/libtasn1.so.3.0.6
   cpufire-applet_1.2-2
   gnome-session_2.14.3-4

* Package that is wrongly waiting for kaffe-jthreads for more than a
  year:
   libgconf-java_2.12.3-1

* Package that failed to build because it build depends on a package
  not uploaded fast enough. It has never been requeued.
   python-gnome_1.4.5-8

* Also those package (and they are plenty others), could be tagged
  not-for-us. This would spare some build daemon time, and would ease to
  see which packages have really failed to build or not.
   cryopid_0.5.9.1-2
   dfsbuild_0.99.2
   dphys-kernel-packages_20061027-2
   gcc-4.0_4.0.3ds1-8
   gnat-4.1_4.1.1-19
   hs-plugins_0.9.10-3.4
   lcdproc_0.5.1-3
   libflorist_2006-1
   libopenspc_0.3.99a-2
   libpfm3-3.2_3.2.060926-2
   libx86_0.99-1
   linux-modules-di-mips-2.6_1.00
   linux-uvc_0.1.0.svn54-4
   mit-scheme_7.7.90+20060906-3
   openafs_1.4.2-4
   pdns-recursor_3.1.4-1
   xmms-openspc_0.0.4-2
   xen-3.0_3.0.3-0-2
   xen-unstable_3.0-unstable+hg11561-1

Also why the packages ctypes and kbedic are in state building for more
than 17 days, without any action from the build daemon maintainer?

Bye,
Aurelien

[1] http://blog.aurel32.net/?p=33
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2006/11/msg00052.html