possible grave bug in debian-installer or ifupdown?

Hi,

Two or three weeks ago I installed the current latest Debian/Testing on
two different servers. Last week I had to reboot both and noticed that
none of them appeared back in the network again. I checked them locally
and noticed that on both boxes the network interface was not brought up.
I issued:

	# ifup eth0

manually on both boxes but nothing happened. I checked
/etc/network/interfaces on both boxes and noticed the following line:

	allow-hotplug eth0

after replacing it with

	auto eth0

the problem was fixed. Since I used a standard minimal installation on
two different boxes, I wonder if this is a bug in d-i or ifupdown. So am
I missing something obvious or do we have a grave bug?

Any hints?

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org