Re: BTS: Why no "invalid" or "notabug" tag?

>         Out of curiousity, what _did_ you expect the blocking tag to
>  do?  If there is an obvious answer to that, I can see why not having
>  that behaviour would be a surprise. Since I can't come up with a
>  reasonable response to "what additional behaviour should adding a
>  block on one bug by another bug should entail", I am unsurprised that
>  it does little else than add an informational link between the bugs.

The one thing that I really wanted to have happen and was surprised didn't
happen was that I wanted a blocking annotation be automatically removed
when the blocking bug was closed.  (Or even better, made dormant so that
if the other bug would reopen, the annotation would reappear.)

I thought I was going to be able to use blocks as a reminder to myself why
I couldn't work on a bug yet, so when scanning down the BTS report, I
would ignore bugs with still active blocks.  But since the status of the
blocking bug doesn't propagate through and show up on the blocked bug, I
still have to recheck it each time and all blocks really does in practice
is add a link.