Hal issues with RB (Was: Dropping GStreamer 0.8 for etch)

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> If you're not running a complete GNOME environment, it's possible that
> hal is missing. Rhythmbox seems to need it for audio CD playback. At
> least that's what bug 380503 indicates.

 RB recommends gnome-volume-manager which depends on hal, but it might
 make sense to Recommend or even depend on hal, I didn't check whether
 it helps.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
 "I have no strong feelings one way or the other." -- Neutral President