Re: Ondemand governor by default in etch

Evgeni Golov wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:36:29 -0600 John Goerzen wrote:
>

>> I believe that we should enable CPU frequency scaling, and the
>> ondemand governer, by default in etch.
>>

> s/ondemand/conservative/

During Len Brown's OLS talk about the ondemand governor [1], I asked
about conservative since the kernel Kconfig help says it is better. I
was told that conservative should be dropped from the kernel since it
does not improve anything.

I never actually compared any numbers, but I'd probably trust the kernel
guys and use ondemand.

Brice

[1] http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/doc/