Re: KDE and Gnome panel applets showing percentage of broken packages

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 10:44:25PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 December 2006 22:25, Berke Durak wrote:
> > I will just say that in my opinion, a repository such as stable,
> > testing or unstable should be self-contained.
> For stable and testing that is true. However, sid is broken by design as
> it will always receive new versions of packages first and basically
> packages that depended on it can only be recompiled against the new
> package (if needed) once it is in.

That's true to a point -- but the weather analogy could still work,
in that the "rainy" areas shouldn't move around the archive, not get
stuck anywhere. It'd probably be interesting to get a general idea of
any spots that have a climate that tends to be "wet" or "dry" too...

I think different levels of bugs would probably be more useful than just
installability checks though...

Cheers,
aj