Re: Conditionally applying an architecture-dependent patch

Shaun Jackman wrote:
> When using CDBS, what is the best way to conditionally apply an
> architecture-dependent patch. I'm using CDBS, but not yet using a
> patch system such as simple-patchsys, dpatch, or quilt, so
> recommendations of a patch system are welcome. Currently I have...
>
> ARCH64 := alpha amd64 ia64
>
> ifneq (,$(filter $(DEB_HOST_ARCH),$(ARCH64)))
> configure/foo::
>     patch -p1 <debian/patches/arch64.diff
> endif
>
> Cheers,
> Shaun

Heh. This is swt-gtk? I (with help from Sven Müller) worked on getting a
conditional patch for it a while back using dpatch, but then I wanted to
try to do some sed magic instead based on upstream's missing build
system and never got around to sending it to you.  I'm putting what I
have online at dlgeek.net/swt-gtk/.

Sorry about starting this and not giving back.

Benjamin