Re: Ifupdown 'extra' package with network ({pre,post}) testing scripts

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 07:41:54PM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

> I have written and collected some network testing scripts in a new
> 'ifupdown-extra' package which is right now available in
> http://people.debian.org/~jfs/ifupdown-extra
>
> This package provides additional scripts for ifupdown to test for some common
> problems when setting up interfaces:
(...)

I wrote this email a long time ago and I've finally decided to make this
package available at 'experimental'. The latest releases even fixes some bugs
(:-O).  I would really appreciate other's testing the network-test script as
well as the other scripts provided (which run when an interface is ifup'd)

If anyone (beside Loïc Minier, which already offered some scripts of the
'vlan' packag) wants to move over network-related scripts to ifupdown-extra
to make them available post-etch [1] please contact me (or file a bug
report).

'Network-test' [2] could, of course, be rewritten into a more user-friendly
application (and even provide a {G,}UI) instead of being an ugly text-only
undecipherable application. If somebody feels like rewriting it in Perl or
Python by all means, do so! :)

Regards

Javier

[1] I will not put it into stable until then
[2] No project page at Alioth yet, if there's enough interest I'll put it all
up in a repo there.