Re: RFC: behaviour of "bts show" command with new BTS default behaviour

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 03:50:46AM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > On Sun, 12 Nov 2006, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > > When using "bts show package" or going to
> > > "http://bugs.debian.org/package"; we get that behaviour, and I find
> > > both of them annoying.
> >
> > I switched the default to appending dist=untable because it actually
> > tells you which bugs affect unstable; it's far more informative than
> > merely categorizing based on whether a bug has been closed. If you
> > know you want something else, you really should be using the precise
> > url that you want.
>
> What I would then really like in this case is for the BTS to have a
> category on the list of package bugs called "Pending autobuilding" or
> something like that when asked for dist=unstable with no version
> number.

It would be possible to separate out bugs that are fixed on one arch,
but unfixed on others when viewing a particular distribution; the only
thing that people have to be aware of is that it doesn't necessarily
mean that those bugs will be fixed automatically... but presumably
FTBFS bugs will be filed if they don't.

It may also be more useful to indicate whether a bug is actually fixed
in a set of distributions/archs with some sort of summary field
instead of relying on the categorization to do that... I'll try to
think about it over some beer later on today.

Don Armstrong

--
This message brought to you by weapons of mass destruction related
program activities, and the letter G.