Re: RFC: behaviour of "bts show" command with new BTS default behaviour

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> When using "bts show package" or going to
> "http://bugs.debian.org/package"; we get that behaviour, and I find
> both of them annoying.

I switched the default to appending dist=untable because it actually
tells you which bugs affect unstable; it's far more informative than
merely categorizing based on whether a bug has been closed. If you
know you want something else, you really should be using the precise
url that you want.

> Some other thing it does now is that if I file a bug against a
> package before the bts knows about it, it shows up as "in other
> versions" or something.

You should be hard pressed to be able to actually install packages
before the BTS has learned about the version unless you're filing bugs
on packages which you've built yourself. [Far more likely that the
version the bug is filed against is wrong.]

Don Armstrong

--
Any excuse will serve a tyrant.
 -- Aesop