Re: RFC: behaviour of "bts show" command with new BTS default behaviour

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 12:56:32AM -0500, Theodore Tso wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 01:02:06AM +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> >
> > Thinking of changing the default behaviour of the devscripts "bts show"
> > (aka "bts bugs") command, and want to ask for opinions before I do so.
> >
> > The BTS behaviour of http://bugs.debian.org/<package> has recently
> > changed.  It used to resolve to:
> >
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=<package>
> >
> > which listed all open and closed bugs in the package, without any
> > version tracking being taking into consideration in the listings.
> >
> > It now resolves to:
> >
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=<package>;dist=unstable
> >
> > which lists the status of all bugs in that package in respect to the
> > version(s) of the package currently in unstable.
>
> I prefer the new behaviour, myself.  If it must be changed, can it be
> configurable via some kind of .btsrc file?

Given the second half of your post, please let me clarify the new
behaviour for you.

I fixed bug#396232 in devscripts version 2.9.24.  But when I went to
http://bugs.debian.org/devscripts, it listed this bug among the open
bugs.  Why?  Because m68k or some other arch had not yet autobuilt
version 2.9.24 and was still on 2.9.22.  However, the
non-version-tracking page showed this bug as fixed.

I'm not sure I'd like to make it configurable, as that could lead to
much confusion and error.  It is not particularly difficult to type
'dist=unstable' after the package name if that is truly what you want
(which, I believe, is not likely to be the case for many
maintainers).

> Also, can we please have this functionality for "bts cache"?  It takes
> a *long* time to download a huge whackload of bugs, many/most of which
> are already fixed in unstable, and so don't matter to me at all.....

Do you mean bug#340259?  If you have a patch, please send it to that
bug.

   Julian