Re: Accepted wine 0.9.21-1 (source i386)

Ove Kaaven wrote:
> It's not news to me. You read what I wrote in the changelog, right?
>
>    * This version was released Sep 13, 2006.
>      Packaged kind of late I guess, I've had disk space issues and stuff.

Yes, and this again made me wonder even more, culminating in my former
message. Actually i was wondering about this issue already various
months. But if i do remember right, this has already been a longer
lasting peculiarity regarding the wine packaging.

> Try to deal with it.

Yes, i will! And i'll stay being *very* grateful for all your wonderful
work! :-)

But if i were you, i'd simply skip the pending older releases and go
right to the current one. This would surely be more helpful for both the
uers and the upstream developers.

But you do the work, so you decide. Just keep in mind that packaging the
pending older releases only adds to your own load...

I know from my very own experience that it is not exactly easy to
maintain packages for Debian if real live doesn't permit. So please
don't feel disturbed by my humble complaint and understand it as some
food for rethinking your release schedule.

Thanks, P. *8^)