Re: RFC: behaviour of "bts show" command with new BTS default behaviour

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 03:50:46AM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > Some other thing it does now is that if I file a bug against a
> > package before the bts knows about it, it shows up as "in other
> > versions" or something.
>
> You should be hard pressed to be able to actually install packages
> before the BTS has learned about the version unless you're filing bugs
> on packages which you've built yourself. [Far more likely that the
> version the bug is filed against is wrong.]

As buildd admin, I can file bugs at the moment I get the buildd log, and
so can other buildd admins and people who get the logs.

At that time, the bts will not know about that version yet, but it does
exists.

This is also very simular to packages that just get out of NEW.

Kurt