Re: Is something wrong to XGL, Compiz, Cgwd be packaged?

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 08:50:50PM -0300, eduardo.oliva barruzi wrote:
> Hi, I just wanna know if there are any problems regarding the License or
> something else that make these packages actually unavailable?

Given you're talking about cgwd, you prolly mean beryl (nee
compiz-quinnstorm) rather than the original compiz which is
in Debian.

The beryl packaging is being undertaken by the X Strike Force, who're
also maintianing the compiz packages. So no problem yet, you're better
of reading the debian-x list archives to discover why it's not shipped
yet. (I believe they're doing an internal code-freeze for Etch, but I
dunno if Beryl's in that freeze or not)

As for cgwd, I presume that also became something in the beryl
packages (beryl-manager?) and so is being packaged as part of the
beryl packaging.

I dunno about Xgl, it looks like most of the interest shifted to AIGLX,
again you're better off reading the debian-x archives.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
On-hiatus Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson@Pobox.Com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/